Sunday, October 16, 2005

Computer Hell


Today has been Computer Hell. I just installed a new DVD burner and although it worked immediately upon installation for play mode, trying to get it to copy a DVD has been a nightmare. It would start off looking like it was doing fine until about 70% done reading then - crash.

It locked up the entire machine so bad that I couldn't even reboot it. I spent almost the entire day on it. I finally got the machine running again (conflict with programs) but, still haven't been able to copy a DVD. I can copy a CD, but I already have a CD burner installed. The computer still locks up. Extremely frustrating... Such is life with a computer.

I had three different programs competing for the burn process. Here I thought one was for the CD burner another for the DVD and I forgot about the one that came with the new unit - silly bugger I am. To much of a rush to get things going sometimes.

I have not been able to burn a DVD yet but I think I know what the problem is now. I'll find out tomorrow.

So what did I learn today? Mostly that I still need to work on my tolerance levels AND my anger but, Hey I've been working and playing with them for fifty years - those at least I have figured out and they rarely let me down...

PS: I finally got it, I took two days of repairing the registers amongst countless un-installs and reinstalls, emails and upgrades, but it works like a hot damn now!
I figured I had a good day coming as that one sucked.

No comments: